- This event has passed.
Flower Power Kelowna Garden Tour
June 16, 2018
Celebrate Garden Days on the Kelowna Garden Tour!
Kelowna’s Flower Power is a self-guided tour of eight private gardens and includes artists, tastings, demonstrations and advice for beginner gardeners and green thumbs.
Funds raised support:
- Chefs in the Classroom – edible education, a program of the Okanagan Chefs Association
- Central Okanagan Community Gardens
See what’s up in gardening with this year’s top trends: Grow your own edibles, get the buzz on bees, composting 101, container, patio & small gardens and sensational succulents & water-wise plants.
Get all the dirt and purchase your ticket at www.flowerpowerylw.ca
Follow them on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for updates @flowerpowerylw.
The Flower Power Garden Tour taking place in Kelowna and West Kelowna is a proud participant in Canada’s country-wide Garden Days celebration launching on Garden Day, Saturday, June 16th This country-wide initiative is celebrating everything to do with gardens and gardening and the 21st annual Flower Power Garden Tour is part of the festivities.
This self-guided garden tour includes 8 showstopper gardens that provide a variety for all levels of gardeners while demonstrating this year’s top trends: grow your own edibles, container and small gardens, succulents, composting and why bees are so important.
Our gardens include:
- A culinary garden for a popular farm-to-table restaurant in West Kelowna where fresh picked, means picked from their own garden on the property.
- A mansion that is recognized as one of Canada’s Historical Places for its powerful connections, architectural quality and extensive landscaping. This impressive estate property now features16 townhomes centered around a circular path and common gardens with pastoral Mill Creek meandering around the border.
- A backyard garden created by reusing, repurposing and acquiring plants from other gardens creating an eclectic park the owners can truly call their own.
- An organic vegetable garden anchored by a 105-year-old farm house in East Kelowna.
- A garden that with a no pesticide policy that thrives with a vibrant and varied mix of plants and insects that in turn feed a varied bird population.
- A garden that has undergone many changes due to Mother Nature but despite her best efforts rare and unusual plantings have survived.
Along with the lush gardens, guests can enjoy tastings, artwork from local artists, gardening gift ideas, and experts to provide advice and answer questions.
Gardening experts Ken Salvail and Gwen Steele, Okangan Xeriscape Association, Okanagan Master Gardeners, Border Free Bees, Kelowna Garden Club and Okanagan Waterwise will be on site to answer questions.
Artists showcasing their talents in the gardens include: Annabel Stanley, b-line design, Christina Knittel, Linda Lovisa, Edwin Bungard and Brushstrokes Club of West Kelowna.
Funds raised support Chefs in the Classroom – edible education – an initiative of the Okanagan Chefs Association for Grade 3 classrooms in the Okanagan andCentral Okanagan Community Gardens helping communities create sustainable green spaces for gardening, food production, gathering and education
The City of Kelowna officially proclaimed the 16th as Garden Day for the Kelowna Garden Tour.